March 24, 2012

March SNOW

This last week has been anything but normal...

Sunday evening, my parents called from the ER while I was at the gym to let Jason and I know that my grandma Agnes (92 years old) had had a stroke and was being admitted to the hospital for care and observation.  Jason and I drove down there, and listened as the doctors informed our family that it didn't look good, and that the bleed in her brain was quite large. 

Well, grandma had other plans. In fact on Tuesday when I went to spend time with her at the hospital, she was being discharged! The bleed in her brain was practically gone, and she was up walking around, talking and letting the doctors know that she certainly didn't want to be at the hospital.  Kinsey called her the "Energizer Bunny," and I can't help but to agree. She is one amazing woman.

Then Wednesday came, and with that came a crazy winter weather system...it snowed the entire day, and didn't stop all night.  At our house we had about 6" on powder snow when we woke up Thursday morning.  Due to the weather, our spring break started a day early...can you tell we were a little excited about that?
Today I am 24 weeks along in growing baby boy Bernard.  During the snow storm I thought it would be fitting to take some pictures of my growing tummy, since he told me how much he loves the snow:
I have been amazed lately with how much he is growing, and how much I can feel him moving around.  When I had my monthly check-up on Tuesday while listening to his strong heartbeat, we could also hear tiny hiccups; so in love with this little one.  He is growing right on track, and like I said he makes his presence known to his mama when he wants some attention.  He is now, according to the doctors estimates, about 9 inches long and weighs about a pound.  I am getting so excited to meet him and hold him in my arms.

No comments: