Blake Denver - TWO Months
- He has grown to 11 lbs. 7 oz. and 23 1/4" long.
- He is the in 60th percentile for height, the 38th percentile for weight, and the 15th percentile for head circumference.
- He is now wearing Newborn and size 0-3 month clothes.
- He has moved to size 2 diapers.
- He loves being swaddled with his arms out, so he can sleep with them above his head.
- He smiled his first "real" smiles.
- He will follow his mom and dad around the room with his eyes.
- He loves looking at lights and moving fans.
- He has slept through the night many times, and lets mom and dad get at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night most nights.
- He loves to fall asleep in someones arms or laying on your chest.
- He had his first "play" dates this month...more playing to come in the following months.
- He can roll over from his tummy to his back much more easily.
- He can push himself up with him arms fully straight, and hold his head up all the way.
- He does not like getting the hiccups or being burped.
- He discovered his fingers, and has managed to suck his thumb a few times.
- He had to take his first medicine for baby reflux (twice a day).
- He went on his first of many family vacations to central Oregon and the Oregon Coast.
|Cheering on daddy at a softball game.|
|Watching the Mariners with dad.|
|Buddy Owen...these little guys are two weeks apart :)|
|Goofy face :)|
|Sisters Coffee Company|
|That's how he fell asleep :)|
Blake got dedicated at church this last month as well. The dedication means that as parents we are making a declaration that we desire to raise our son to the values of the church, and desire to have those that attend to pray for and hold our family accountable to taking care and raising our son. It was neat to have our pastor talk about and pray for our sweet little guy. Jason and I met at Salem Heights when we were 14 years old, so the church is definately our second home, and a place that we are so thankful that Blake gets to grow up at.
|Katrina came all the way from Alaska to celebrate Blake :)|
Jason started back at work yesterday. He is teaching at Kalapuya Elementary, as the special education teacher for the 4th and 5th graders. He taught there last year since January, but this year he is full-time/permanent at the school! That is something that we have been praying for, for a long time. Very thankful.