Blake Denver - ONE Month
- He has grown from his birth weight, 6lbs. 6oz, to 8lbs. 13.5oz.
- He is still wearing Newborn sized clothes.
- He loves being swaddled...most of the time.
- He has big beautiful dark blue eyes.
- Has lots of dark brown hair, with some lighter hair underneath.
- He smiles with his whole face while he is sleeping and after he has eaten.
- He is starting to really focus in on faces.
- He recognizes his mom and dad's smells, faces and voices.
- He has a few nicknames: Squeaker (after all the little sounds he makes), Little Man and Little Bug
- He still gets woken up every three hours to eat by mom and dad...even though he could sleep longer.
- He loves to snuggle, especially after his belly is nice and full.
- He likes going for rides in his stroller, unless he gets woken up by a bump in the road.
- He falls asleep every time he gets put in the car.
- He 'accidentally' rolled over from his tummy to his back...twice.
- He still gets hiccups a least once a day...same as when he was inside his mommy.
- He enjoys sleeping, and coos while he is settling in.
"Your hands made me and formed me."
"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
We are so in love with our sweet little boy. It is amazing to think that it has already been a month that he has been in our lives because it feels like we have known him forever. We have been working really hard this month getting his weight up and getting him to become a good eater. It has been a lot of work, and not so much sleep, but so worth the effort. He has diffidently grown this month, and already he looks so much different than when we first brought him home from the hospital. We have been so blessed by so many family and friends that have helped us welcome our new little man. So many wonderful meals, and visitors have come to welcome Blake, and to make us as parents feel a little less overwhelmed. So very thankful for the support we have had, and for the world that we get to raise Blake in.
Our family of two is now three.