March 04, 2012

Gender Reveal Party

Since Jason and I didn't get to tell our parents in a creative way that we were expecting, we thought it would be fun to combine my 25th birthday party with revealing our baby's gender. We found out on February 20th and had to keep the secret until February 23rd...which was a lot harder than we thought, but so worth it.

Julie (Jason's mom), Carrie and Cayden (our baby's cousin)
From the top: Aunt Nancy, Val (mom), Aunt Pat, Aunt Sue and Grandma
Sisters
 I got together pink and blue decorations, pictures from when Jason and I were babies, 
and some foods that I had been craving lately:



We had our guests vote if they thought the baby was a boy or a girl:
To reveal the gender of our little one, I had a cake made at a local bakery.  
We told our guests that the inside of the cake would either be pink or blue...
Here is the video of the cutting :)
We are having a little boy!!! He is growing and moving all right on track, which we couldn't be more thankful for. It was so much fun to surprise our family, and make it an even more exciting birthday. His little kicks are being felt all the time now, and Jason and I even watched my tummy move when he was being really active.  That is such an amazing feeling; one that I have pictured for so long, but never could have expected it to be so wonderful. This mama and daddy are feeling VERY thankful and very blessed...looking forward to meeting the newest member of our family come July! :)

1 comment:

Family of 5 said...

Love your fun reveal party!! what a great idea!! I love everybody's excitement when you cut the cake!!! :)