July 13, 2011

Restful.

That is the word that I would describe our summer.  With rest though comes the opportunity to really think about what the future may hold.  Since we both lost our jobs at the end of the school year due to budget cuts our futures are somewhat up in the air.

With all this uncertainty comes the nagging thought of, "Why?"  I am so thankful that God put into Jason and I the desire to teach and to want to impact people, but without teaching jobs set up as of yet, it makes me wonder what we will be doing in the next few months.  But, I did say that 'restful' was how I was feeling...and that is true.
The only way I can describe it, is that I know that we aren't doing anything wrong, it's not that we aren't trying or putting ourselves out there.  The truth is, is that our "perfect" plan for our lives is not the ultimate perfect plan of God.  So, I am resting in that truth.
I am resting in the fact that He has not let us slip though the cracks, but that He is just waiting to let us see the beautiful work He is going to do through us.  I am resting in the fact that I know we will be taken care of, and that we will not be without what we need.  Although we want jobs, something perfectly okay to want, it appears that may not be what we needed this summer.

It appears this summer we needed time to rest, or at least I did.  This summer is giving Jason time to go to school to complete his master's degree in special education; a passion and gift he has that constantly amazes me.  So, as the summer continues, we will not stop working hard, praying hard and will REST in the fact that God's plans are far greater than anything we could have come up with.

No comments: