July 24, 2011

New JOB!!

It is official...Jason officially has a teaching job!  It came completely out of the air, but what a great surprise it was.  I actually thought he was kidding when he told me since it was Saturday, and who gets a job offer on a Saturday?  Another reason it was so surprising is he hadn't interviewed for a teaching job since May...I think he made a pretty good impression. :) We had just got home from our co-ed softball tournament when Jason checked his messages. . .

He turned to me with tears in his eyes and said that he had been offered a job!  It is a part-time LRC teaching position (Learning Resource Center; special education).  He will actually be at the brand new middle school in West Salem, Straub Middle School. With special education there is always the possibility that it could become full-time, but as for now we are over the moon with what he has. 
Straub Middle School Under Contruction

Now he is officially in the Salem-Keizer School District in a permanent position, what a blessing.  So, if a full-time position opened he could just transfer.  Also, since he will be going to school until March to finish his special education teaching endorsement, part-time might be ideal.

Here is a link to pictures from the construction process: http://www.flickr.com//photos/salemkeizer/sets/72157626372612770/show/

It is amazing how my last post was about resting in the Lord...I honestly felt completely at peace about our whole job situation, and when we least expected an offer it came.  I am so proud of all the hard work Jason has done with school, work and guiding me in patience and waiting.  We are still praying that something will come for me, but as for now we are so grateful, thankful and excited about what this means for us and our future.
God is so good!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Yahooo! I'm praising god with you! What an amazing blessing! Congratulations Jason!

Family of 5 said...

That's so great!! CONGRATULATIONS! God is so good!

Unknown said...

OH my goodness! What a blessing! You know that is where my oldest will be starting 6th grade next year. YEAH!!!!!!!!!