July 30, 2011

"Be still, and know that I am God"

I just got back my letter I wrote myself when I went on the woman's retreat this last spring with Salem Heights (we write letters to ourselves, and they are sent to us a few months later).  It was an amazing weekend to spend with family and friends; learning that I am truly not alone.  Here is the letter I wrote myself, encouraging words that are always good to hear...

"Life has its' ups and downs, but you are far from alone.  
You have a God that is far above all things.  
Keep believing, trusting in the Lord when you don't understand 
what is going on around you.  
Remember the promises you have read in His word, 
'...He will make your paths straight...' (Proverbs 3:6).  
Those paths though, may be different than you thought or expected, 
but they are the roads your father wants you to take.  
Lean on Him to show you the way."

Encouraging verses: 2 Kings 18:3-7; Eph. 4:32; Hebrews 13:5; Isaiah 43:18; Exodous 2; Colossians 3:12-15; Phil. 3:13-15; Jer. 29:11-14; Matthew 18:21-35; Psalm 46:10; Psalm 147:3; Psalm 40; John 16:33 and Psalm 37:7

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments: