October 08, 2013

While I'm Waiting.

While cleaning the house today a song came on that spoke directly to what I have been thinking about over the past few years.  "While I'm Waiting," by John Waller, are lyrics to what my heart has been feeling. 

"I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I'm HOPEFUL
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But PATIENTLY, I will wait."


The thing is, we all are waiting for something. Whether it is waiting for a job, marriage, children or a cure for pain, we all wait. So many of my friends and family are waiting for the Lord to answer their hearts desire. Prayers that are so selfless, and so in line with what is pure and good. As people, it is hard to see why these prayers are not answered quicker, or even answered at all. I am starting to learn as I wait for His timing, His plan, that amongst the waiting, I don't have to wait to live for Him.

"I will move ahead, BOLD and CONFIDENT
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait." 

The words, bold and confident, are so powerful. When we are wavering, He is strong. When we feel alone, He is there with His arms open. He is waiting for us to come to Him. My confidence does not need to stem from what I feel needs to happen, but rather, spring from what He is and has done in my life. 

While I rest in His timing, and His plan, I should not wait then to serve and worship Him. All that surrounds me; my family, friends, home and health are all held together by Him. 

His telling me to, "Wait," does not mean that He is silent, 
it might just be that He is wanting me to stop and lean on Him.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Wow, Lauren and Jason, this post shows just how grown up in the Lord you both are becoming. I am sure He is pleased. Yes, no answer doesn't necessarily mean no, it might mean not yet, or...I have a better plan for you.
Lindy