October 26, 2013

"Mama, Car, Dog, Dada"

Blake Denver Bernard
16 Months Old
 
Where does the time go? Everyone says that as you get older time goes by faster, but I think watching your kids grow up is what makes it fly by. This last month I really feel like our little baby has started to become a little boy. When I snap a picture of him, or watch him master a new skill I can't help but picture him as a little baby all snuggled in my arms. I am starting to understand why my mom and dad still see me as there 'little' girl...it is hard and exciting to watch your little one grow up.
This last month I feel like every time I turned around, Blake was learning something new. Whether it is a fine motor skill, or learning a new word, he is always learning something. It has been so amazing to watch him become excited and proud when he masters something for the first time...makes his mom a little proud too. :)

Some of my favorite things he has accomplished this month are:
  • Using his walking toys, and running all over the place.
  • Asking to read his Bible each night by pointing and signing, "Please."
  • He says, "tickle, tickle," and he will tickle with your fingers.
  • He gives the best hugs and kisses. :)
  • When we pray he puts his hands together.
  • When he reads a book and closes it, he signs, "All done."
  • He says "hot" whenever he sees a fireplace or fire.
  • He can say "cat," but most animals are all still dogs.
  • When he picks up any phone, he puts it up to his ear to answer it.
  • He is a TALKER...all the time. He makes facial expressions and uses his hands while he 'talks.'
  • He is all about cars, books and stuffed animals...while driving he will tell me where each "car" is.
I love my busy little boy, and am so blessed to get to be his mommy. What an amazing honor to get to watch a tiny baby grow up into a little boy. Amazed at how the time has gone so fast, but so thankful for the time that I have with my sweet Blakers. 

No comments: