February 14, 2012

Love.

On Valentine's Day it is easy to remember that we are suppose to say, "I love you."
 What I think is important is saying those words everyday, but it is essential to mean them as well.  We all know what it is like hear the words, "I love you," but have it feel empty and untrue.

As an "almost" mommy, above all that I do, I want my children to know that I love their father and that I love them so much.  I want them to know each night they go to sleep that no matter what took place during the day, no matter the choices they made or how others may see them, that I love them unconditionally.

Love is something that I think those that have it can easily take for granted, and those that don't wish for more than anything.  I want the people that I come into contact with; my students, my family and my friends to know that I love and care about them.  I am so thankful for the many people in my own life that have shown me love.  They didn't stop loving me because of things I did, or who I was, but they loved me for me.

"I love you," powerful words that I hope everyone can have someone say to them, and know they mean it.

1 comment:

Jason and Lauren Bernard said...

Lo, you've got a good "head on your shoulders", Dad says. I am just so proud of your thinking and what is in that heart of yours. you make yo' mama proud! I love you more.