February 22, 2012

Best Present Ever!

Sweet Blessing.
Baby Bernard: February 20, 2012 (19 weeks 2 days)
On Monday morning we got to have our hour long ultrasound; our little baby is healthy and growing right on track. The ultrasound literally took my breath away.  For the entire hour Jason and I were glued to the screen, watching our now "big" baby move and wiggle around.  I could not stop smiling the entire time.

The first thing we saw was the spine; every single bone exactly where it should be. Jason and I were speechless as the doctor showed us each bone in the baby's body.  We saw the four chambers of the heart, and the heartbeat was strong at about 150 bpm.  What amazed me the most was when we saw the little hands opening and closing.  All the bones are there; every little bone working just like mine are now! God is amazing to be growing this sweet little one inside me.

When it came to trying to get a profile shot of our baby, that took some doing.  I guess you could say our little one was being camera shy.  Each time the doctor would get close to getting a shot, the baby would snuggle its' face into my uterine wall.  I had to turn on my side, my stomach and walk around to try to get the baby to move. :) Needless to say, we got the shot at the very end of the appointment. From what I saw though, this baby has a silly personality, and this mama couldn't be more proud or excited to meet my little one.
After the appointment, Jason and I spent the afternoon floating around the Woodburn Outlets getting the baby its' first gender specific clothes bought by its' mommy and daddy.  Jason commented that now that we know what is baby 'is,' it makes it all the more real.  I couldn't agree more, I am so in love with my little stinker.

Also....the all important question about gender...we know 100% what we are having....the baby was not shy in that area.  We are waiting to announce the gender until Thursday, when we will be having a birthday party for me as well as revealing the gender of the baby. : ) I know that I am more excited about telling the whole world about our little one that celebrating my birthday.

This is the best gift I have ever gotten for my birthday....
a loving husband, and a healthy growing baby.
We couldn't be more thankful,
and more excited about what is to come this next year.

1 comment:

Family of 5 said...

That is the best present!! I can't wait to hear what gender!! What an exciting time and such a blessing!!