October 13, 2011

Blessings.

The past year I have been doing a lot of reflecting on the blessings 
that I have come into my life, 
and the lives of the people around me. 

It has almost been a year since I was called for an interview at Claggett Creek for a job that was originally suppose to last only a month; now almost a year later, although a new position, a job.  One of my closest friends was blessed almost a year ago to find out the little baby she and her husband so wanted, for so long, was growing inside of her.  I watched Jason's passion for special education grow, and watched the Lord open the doors for him to go to school at Portland State while at the same time get to actually teach special ed. even before he has his endorsement. 
 When I think of the blessings that have come into my life and the lives of so many that I love, I can't help thinking about the many trials that lead to those blessings.  It is always amazing to be at that point where you can look back and see what God brought you though, so that you would be where you are today.  At church on Sunday, in both the mid-high youth group, where Jason and I help out, and "big church," it was about the trials that come into our lives, and how those very trials shape us into the people that God wants us to be.

I love the idea that the trials I am going through aren't random, but rather help build my endurance.  I love that the Lord knows what is coming, and that He will be faithful to have his plans come to a perfect end.  Sometimes I may not agree with that end, but His will and His love is so perfect.  I also realize that many of the trials were endure in this life, we won't understand and won't be separated from until we are in heaven. 

I am thankful that I have Him to lean on in the midst 
of the struggles of life, but also the victories. 

I have; we have so much to be thankful for when we look at the big picture.  I have listened to "Blessings" by Laura Story so many times since it came out a few months ago.  The lyrics really speak exactly what my heart feels,  "What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?"

 "Blessings" by Laura Story
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

Chorus:  'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

CHORUS

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home
'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise

No comments: