October 31, 2008

Senior Year

Well, this is it, our last year in school and first year of marriage. . .
So far, the year is flying by, and we are both staying pretty busy. . .

Jason is taking a lot of history classes and seems to be balancing his busy schedule. He is running cross country this year, and has his final meet in a week in Seattle. I am so proud of him for all the work that he has done with this sport. There were days this season where he would run over 16 miles during one practice! It will be so strange not watching him run anymore, but soon he will be coaching I am sure, so that will be fun to watch. He is still working at Garlic Jim's Pizza, and seems to still love his job.

I am loving this year too, and staying busy balancing work, school and being a newly wed. I am not taking to many classes, so I get a little more free time then Jason. I love my job at Starbucks. It has been a long time since I could say that about a job that I have had, but it is so fun, and it changes each day.

Both of us will be student teaching at one of the local schools this coming spring. I think that we are both a little excited, and of course nervous for the experience. But it does mean that we are one step closer to graduating this May. That is something I think we both are really looking forward to!

All in all, we are loving being married and setting up our home and new lives together. After dating for over six years, being married was a lot easier transition. It is so much fun to know that I get to go home and spend time with my best friend no matter what the rest of my day was filled with. It is so amazing that on November 17th we will have already been married for SIX months! Time sure does fly by fast!

3 comments:

Sarah Officer said...

Love the blog Lauren! I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your marriage. You two are cute! Talk to you later!

Acker Family said...

I found your blog! And I will follow it-cute pictures!

Family of 5 said...

HEy Amanda told me you had a blog and now I'm going to follow you guys! :) Hope youd on't' mind! Love you guys! Love the Steiner!:)