March 16, 2013

Chalkboard Paint


Oh chalkboard paint, if only I had been the one that invented you...there are just so many possibilities. Funny how it is so popular now that schools have transitioned to the digital age. I love this home decor trend, but especially love when it is used in a new way.

I decided to use some chalkboard spray paint with my latest project. I picked up a kids table and chair set at local second-hand store for $13. It was the classic white top with light wood...a little dingy looking, but with some chalkboard paint this table was given new life. Like my husband, Jason, said, "Two-year old Blake will love it." :)

Supplies Needed:
                                        1. Kids table and chair set.
                                        2. Screw driver (taking the table-top and chair seats off for painting)
                                        3. Chalkboard spray paint, and white spray paint.
Total Cost:  Around $20
Before: $13.00 table and chair set.
After: Completed chalkboard tabletop and chair seats.

So in LOVE with how this table turned out. 
Excited to get it upstairs and start turning our family room 
into a room that our family can actually enjoy and spend time in. 
Can't wait to see the many art projects and fun our kids and their 
friends will have around this little table.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

You're so creative, I love it!