October 12, 2012

Blown Away


Last weekend was a first at the Bernard house...we went on a triple date with our whole Nolz side of the family for the first time. We went to the Carrie Underwood concert, "Blown Away," at the Rose Garden. What an amazing singer she is! It was crazy to think that I had watched her sing on TV when she was just getting her start, and to see where her talent has taken her.  It was also Blake's first time with a babysitter...other than grandparents (bigger step for me I am pretty sure).  My parents, Jason, Blake and I and Kinsey and Gary. Kinsey and I were reflecting on the fact that last year at this time Blake and Gary weren't around...and now it would be hard to picture our family without them in the picture.


Hanging out with Aunt Kinsey and Uncle Gary :)
Before the triple date, Blake and I were up in Portland for the weekend for the annual Women's Retreat with our church. Although I didn't get to spend as much time enjoying the speaker, I did get to spend some sweet time with some friends, my mom, my aunt and my sisters outside of Salem. Kinsey and I met up with Carrie and some of her friends at IKEA...fun to start thinking about Kinsey and Gary getting married and getting their own place. :) I was also pleasantly surprised because Blake slept 8 hours straight both nights that we were in the hotel...something I think my mom and aunt also appreciated since they were sharing out room.
Girl's Lunch Out :)



It was an awesome weekend...and as you can see by Blake's many smiles I think that he had a pretty good time too. :) So thankful for the many blessings of family and friends in my life.
Loving this time in my life.

No comments: