January 12, 2011

New Stage

I am officially a teacher at Claggett Creek Middle School!  The position that I got in November was extended until the end of the year.  I have been hired as an employee of the district, which is great because hopefully that will mean that I will have a position in the coming school year.  I just had my last day as a barista at Starbucks last Saturday.  It was a bittersweet thing leaving, but it was something that I am grateful to close as a chapter in my life. It was a great job, and I learned a lot, but making coffee doesn't fulfill me like impacting and changing lives like teaching does.  As of right now though, I am so thankful for the job that I was given, and look forward to the coming year with the students that I have in my classroom.
Christmas Morning 2010
Jason just started his master's in special education at Portland State University.  He is taking two classes for the next two terms (one in Portland, one online).  This summer he will be going to school closer to full-time up in Portland, then it is just two more terms and he will have his endorsement.  I am so proud of him for going back and re-starting and re-focusing on something that he may have never seen coming.  I am so thankful for his hard work, and the desire that he has to take care of his family.  I know that if he becomes a special ed teacher, or a regular classroom teacher, he will make a huge positive impact on the kids that will be lucky enough to have a him as their teacher.

Other than my new job, and Jason going back to school we have been staying busy.  We got to spend a lot of time with friends and family, and with the new direction in both our lives it looks like we will get to do that more often now.
Last Look at Christmas 2010 :)
That's all for now :)

No comments: