November 09, 2010

New JOB!!!

I have a new job!  I was officially hired last week, and today was my third day of teaching at Claggett Creek Middle School in Keizer.  I am so thankful for this opportunity, and although the last week has been crazy busy, and everyday comes with new challenges, I am so thankful.  I am hired at this point up to winter break, with the possibility that the job could be extended to the end of the school year.  Only time will tell, but for right now, I am a TEACHER :).
Here is a picture of the school...if you look to the third story on the top far right side, that is my classroom. :)  I have been working during my prep and before and after-school getting the classroom to feel like my own.  The teacher that was in there left a little over a month ago, so the room was in chaos to say the least.  I was told to box up and remove anything that I wanted, and to think of the room as my own...so I have been, which I love :)  I redid the bulletin boards today (I put some pictures of my classroom below), and plan on organizing some more.  The learning curve has been pretty steep...conferences are in less than two weeks, so I have been attempting to get some grades for the students...it's a lot of work, but it is so comforting to know that I will be there tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after...
Board all about me :)

Room 300
Jason is also getting started on his new journey...this Wednesday he has his interview at Portland State University for the Special Education program.  If he gets in, he will start classes in January, and will complete the program the following summer.  It is a program designed for teachers that are working already to add the endorsement.  When he is done with the program he will only need a few more credit hours to complete his master's.
So excited to get out on the ice!

Serious.
Jason and I have also been busy helping out with the middle school youth group at our church this year.  We are working with students that go to Judson and Walker.  I am diffidently getting my fill of middle school :)  We call the small groups D-Teams ) devotional teams. My D-Team got to go to the pumpkin patch together.  They crack me up, and have such amazing hearts that desire to please and serve.  We also went "Broom-Balling" with the mid-high up in Portland on the ice!  That was a lot of fun...I was shocked that I didn't fall the whole time :)
Not serious.
Judson/Walker D-Team

Cuddle time :)
Needless to say, we are so thankful for where we are, and are looking forward to what is going to come in the future. :) 

3 comments:

Darcy said...

This is SOOOOO exciting!!!! Congrats Lauren!!!! God is so good! Your classroom looks so amazing--so organized! You are going to be a wonderful teacher. What subject are you teaching?

I'll have to tell my mom about your job. She works with Keizer Young Life. They have a middle school ministry called Wyldlife....

If Jason gets into Portland, will he be taking classes there?

I'm so happy for you! We need to catch up soon! Love you, friend.

Unknown said...

Hey Lauren,
Congrats on the job placement for the next few weeks (and maybe months)! Doesn't it feel amazing to make the room your own? There's something special about it.
I'm very glad for you. Your perseverance is paying off. :)
Alexis

Family of 5 said...

You guys are great!! Thanks for being such faithful servants!! And so excited for you getting a job!! That's awesomea nd the students will love you!! Although I'm sure Wright will be sad to not have you sub! :( God is so good!